Cost of a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
CDC has said that when all of the “cost centers” are included, the average cost of a UTI is $1200. Perhaps you can quantify it for yourself.
Cost centers that need to be considered:
- Cost of the meds … and sometimes the more expensive ones are needed
- Documentation time … value of the additional Nursing and Dietary time
- Related consequences, such as falls triggered by disorientation, the injuries, local exam time, x-rays, and documentation
- Ambulance for an acute-care discharge, and return transportation
- Unpaid bed-holds up to 10 days
- Co-morbidities that result in Hospital re-admission
Then, the intangibles:
- Public perception, reputation, staff morale, and census are adversely impacted.
- Compromised quality-of-life
- Complications which can lead to death
- Family issues and their subsequent negative speaking in the community
- Negative postings on websites and social media
- Visits from the State Health Department or Ombudsman or Attorneys
- Star Ratings and CMS reimbursement impacted by these reportable statistics
CDC’s $1200-per-UTI may be high for some UTIs…but low for others.
Hickory Technologies has several stunningly-effective innovations to reduce UTI’s; each will pay for itself within the first month!
5 Somerset Street
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Get In Touch
Let us know how we can be of help. Contact us now for your free consultation.